Monday, August 2, 2010

Step One - Mental Health

So today is the first day of this thing, and I'm starting with mental health. I kind of just want to concentrate on one thing per week, but the first thing I'm working on is "Get More Sleep." It doesn't really require that I do much beside lay off the wine and go to bed at a reasonable hour. So I'm also working on decluttering - making the spaces within my home into something a little more tranquil. The three places that stress me out the most are our bedroom, our office, and our living room. All three rooms are, at the moment, more storage areas for junk than they are living areas. The bedroom is the worst of the three. The bed is a wreck, there is clean laundry everywhere, and all sorts of bags and boxes and piles of stuff that got tossed in and forgotten the last time we had to do an emergency house cleaning. Eventually it needs to be refurnished, painted, and made into an actual bedroom, but for now I'm going to concentrate on making it livable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers